The Division of Meteorology has issued an ‘Amber’ stage advisory for heavy rains in Central, Sabaragamuwa and Uva provinces, to be in impact till 08.30 a.m. tomorrow (19).
As per the forecast, atmospheric circumstances over the island are favorable for thunderstorms within the night and at evening.
Heavy showers above 100 mm are seemingly at some locations in Central, Sabaragamuwa and Uva provinces, it added.
In the meantime, the Met. Dept. has additionally issued an advisory for extreme lightning in seven provinces.
Accordingly, thundershowers accompanied by extreme lightning are prone to happen at a number of locations in Western, Jap, Central, North-central, Sabaragamuwa, Uva and North-western provinces and in Mullaitivu, Vavuniya and Mannar districts.
There could also be short-term localized robust winds throughout thundershowers, the division talked about.
The members of the general public are suggested to take sufficient precautions to reduce the harm brought on by lightning exercise, together with the next actions:
• Search shelter, ideally indoors and by no means below bushes
• Keep away from open areas akin to paddy fields, tea plantations and open water our bodies throughout thunderstorms.
• Keep away from utilizing wired telephones and related electrical home equipment throughout thunderstorms
• Keep away from utilizing open autos akin to bicycles, tractors and boats
• Watch out for fallen bushes and energy traces
• For emergency help contact native catastrophe administration authorities
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?