Most people probably know Mirissa for Coconut Tree Hill. From the summit of this incredible location, you can see the limitless ocean and the Mirissa Bay region. From Mirissa Beach, it takes around 10-15 minutes to stroll up the street. Both the beach and the Bandaramulla Temple are entry points to this location. If the sea is choppy, accessing the beach would be challenging.
A lot of people want to create a well-known photo of the headland separating the sea from the coconut trees because this location has become so well-known. We advise arriving here early in the morning or before the sun sets. Do not throw any trash here if you love this place.
How to get there?
The road is the safest route to take to reach palm tree grove (another name).
- After traveling about one kilometer in the direction of Matara from Mirissa Beach, you will pass the “Esprit d’ici” hotel on your left.
- There is an unpaved path leading to the beach directly in front of it, across the main street. Way to the Beach is written on a signboard.
- After doing so, turn left in the direction of the gate as indicated in the picture.
- Instead of going through the gate, there is a route that ascends by the fence to the left of the gate.
- To get to the headland, follow it all the way up. You will arrive at the location if you continue along the trail to the right. (Maps on Google)
- Bandaranaike International Airport to Coconut Tree Spot -(via Southern Expy/E01) – About 178km (About 2hr 40min)
- Colombo to Coconut Tree Spot -(via Southern Expy/E01) – About 152km (About 2hr 30min)
- Ella to Coconut Tree Spot – (via Wellawaya-Hambantota-Matara / Hwy/A2 – About 184km (About 4h 05min)
Colombo to Mirissa bus fare (LKR)
- Normal: LKR 215.00
- Semi-Luxury: LKR 323.00 (Basically the same as normal with fewer stops along the way – Non-AC.)
- AC: LKR 415.00
Ticket prices for luxury buses running on the Southern highway (LKR)
- Maharagama – Matara: 560.00
- Negombo – Matara: 750.00
- Colombo – Matara: 600.00
- Kadawatha – Matara: 600.00
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?